Marlborough Forest Again

Marlborough Forest Again

Unread postby berger » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Since getting the bike all back together, I was jones'ing for some trail riding. That being said, I am oncall and cannot venture to far from home. So, I decided to see if they had lifted the gates in the Marlborough Forest....and they had!!

The trails are mostly gravel fire roads, but I found a few ATV trails too. That was a mistake....being on my own and all...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378667221.766861.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378667267.534425.jpg

Now, this trail did not look too bad, but the mud was like synthetic grease!!!! Even in 2wd and knobbies all the way around, I started going sideways and wedged myself in. This is where the Adventure engine guard pays off. The stock loop guard alone would have bent. Mine stayed solid and nothing was bent.

First hang up...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378667443.553502.jpg

Second...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378667532.269542.jpg

I eventually tugged the bike straight and gunned it out, and up over the trail cut.

Funny, when you see the pics, it doesn't look like much at all, but it got me concerned enough to turn around and head home. That was one of those circumstances that no rope puller or winch could get you out off.

While I don't slip the clutch anymore when trail riding, I am certain the old style clutch discs would have been quite stinky....not a scent of overheating in Mr. Cob's modified plates.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Berger

2007 Patrol
Raceway 2 - 1 FMF
Modified Modtop Airbox
145/45 Jets
Gossie Needles/DJ106 Needle
CJ750 24L Tank/Karcoma Petcock
7/64 Drilled Carb Slide
berger
CURD Pro
CURD Pro

Re: Marlborough Forest Again

Unread postby DanCar » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Like you, I have the urge to follow little trails as well, that's why my rope puller and 250' of rope are always on the bike. I haven't needed it yet, I've been lucky but in BC I don't think I could get quite as far from the trees as you appeared to in the pictures. Good choice on turning around and heading for home while you could still do it without walking. Nice pictures. :cheers:
DanCar
2012 Forest Fog Gear-Up
Abbotsford BC
DanCar
Site Donor
Site Donor

Unread postby Frank JAMRoss » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:15 am

Where is this forest located? I live in Orleans.
Frank Ross
Ottawa, Ontario
Ural Gear-Up 2012 - Gobie
Frank JAMRoss
CURD Rookie
CURD Rookie

Unread postby berger » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:41 am

Marlborough starts around Dwyer Hill and Roger Stevens. It is larger than that, but you get the idea. Most of the entries are off Dwyer Hill. You have to be cautious this time of year, as it is one of the few places you can discharge a firearm in the City Limits, so hunters are about now.
Berger

2007 Patrol
Raceway 2 - 1 FMF
Modified Modtop Airbox
145/45 Jets
Gossie Needles/DJ106 Needle
CJ750 24L Tank/Karcoma Petcock
7/64 Drilled Carb Slide
berger
CURD Pro
CURD Pro

Unread postby Grumpy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:06 pm

If you are out in Orleans you could always check out Larose Forest near Bourget, they have ATV and dirt bike trails, only problem is you have to belong to one of the clubs to use the trails. http://www.prescott-russell.on.ca/en/la ... user-clubs

As Berger says Marlborough is nice and easy to get to, http://loneatv.blogspot.ca/2008/09/marl ... orest.html

As well Calabogie, Bytown MC lists the trails up there, under where to ride. http://bma1.ca/index.php

If you are out around my area the is Limerick Forest, was out there today for about 5 hours never saw another vehicle. Sorry no pics, got no camera.
2011 Ural Patrol T
132/45 Jets
Drilled Slide
Modified Exhaust

2009 Harley Ultra with sidecar
Grumpy
CURD Regular
CURD Regular

Unread postby slipperypixels » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:04 pm

:popcorn:
2016 Ural cT